11 USC 523(a)(8) makes student loans non-dischargeable in bankruptcy unless excepting such debt from discharge would impose and undue hardship on the debtor or dependent. There has been a trend in the last few years to relax the strict standard to establish what is...
Month: October 2020
- WILL I LOSE MY HOME IF I FILE FOR CHAPTER 7?
- WHAT DO I DO WITH MY STIMULUS CHECK OR TAX REFUND?
- Debt Escalates Larger All Year
- I AM VERY CONFUSED ABOUT THE COVID-19 MORATORIUM’S AND GOVERNOR MURPHY’S EXECUTIVE ORDERS. CAN I LOSE MY HOME IF I AM BEHIND ON REAL ESTATE TAXES?
- I FEEL SO STRESSED OUT. I AM PAYING OVER $2000 PER MONTH ON CREDIT CARD DEBT AND A PERSONAL LOAN. WHAT DO I DO SINCE THERE IS NO END IN SIGHT?
alimony bankruptcy court bankruptcy discharge bankruptcy filing bankruptcy petition chapter 13 debt limits child support consumer bankruptcy law credit card debt Creditors discharging debt disposable income divorce eviction federal bankruptcy exemptions fiance financial problems foreclosure lawsuit loan modification medical bills mortgage payments Non-Exempt Property repayment plan Tax Refund unsecured debt US Supreme Court workers' compensation